A double chin isn’t always avoidable and can be near impossible to lose without some extra help. For many, this feature is genetic, and losing weight the old-fashioned way — with diet and exercise — won’t necessarily have an effect on the submental fat that’s responsible for a double chin. When you’re ready to let your jawline see the light of day again, double chin treatment can help.
Why Choose SpaVie?
- Headed by one of the top female plastic surgeons in the country, SpaVie is a premier medical spa for non-surgical cosmetic treatments.
- Conveniently located for easy travel, our facility in Plymouth serves the Twin Cities as well as outlying communities including Wayzata, Minnetonka, St. Cloud and Sartell.
- With our highly trained staff, we’re ready to help you bring out the best in your appearance with a full menu of customizable procedures.
Contact us online or call our Plymouth office at 612-213-1111 to schedule your free consultation.
Best Candidates for Double Chin Treatment
Candidates for double chin treatment should be in good overall health. If you’re interested in losing weight, you should be at or near your target weight range before getting treatment for a double chin. Most people get double chin treatment to smooth away excess fat under the chin, achieve better jawline definition and reveal a sleeker neck.
Depending on your needs and goals, Dr. Harrington might recommend additional or alternative treatments. Profound® RF skin tightening treatments can help resolve sagging skin below the chin that may appear similar to that of a double chin. To help you achieve your weight loss goals, she may recommend our appetite control weight loss program. Finally, if you’re looking for a more extensive correction, you may be a good candidate for submental liposuction, which Dr. Harrington performs at her plastic surgery practice.
Become a VIP!
Contact us online for more info on our VIP Membership benefits!
What to Expect
At SpaVie, we treat submental fullness (the “official” name for a double chin) using one of two methods:
- Kybella® is an injectable product designed specifically to smooth away a double chin. During your Kybella appointment, you’ll receive a series of deoxycholic acid injections directly into the area below your chin to dissolve the responsible fat cells. Most people get a series of 2 to 6 treatments to meet their goals.
- CoolSculpting®, a non-surgical alternative for liposuction, uses controlled cooling to destroy fat cells. During treatment, your provider will use a CoolSculpting applicator specifically designed for the double chin area. Most people get 2 to 4 CoolSculpting treatments to get rid of a double chin.
Recovery & Results
Your recovery process will depend on the method used to treat your double chin, although neither treatment option requires downtime. After your Kybella appointment, you may develop some redness, swelling or bruising around the injection sites. These side effects should fade within 1 week.
Following a CoolSculpting session, you may develop similar side effects of redness, swelling and bruising, but these should fade within a few days. The area under your chin may feel slightly sore, but most people don’t find the procedure or its aftereffects to be painful.
After your results develop, you should notice a smoother better-defined jawline. Any excess fat in the area should be noticeably decreased, and you may even appear younger due to altering this one feature.
Double Chin Treatment FAQs
Don't see your question answered here? Get personalized recommendations when you use our Treatment Planner
*This information is for education only and is not meant as a guarantee of results. Your results may vary.