Injectable fillers can plump up areas of the face for a number of cosmetic purposes. Whether you’re concerned with lost facial volume due to age, thinning lips, deep facial creases or even asymmetrical features, dermal fillers may be the solution for you.
Why Choose SpaVie?
- From our facility in Plymouth, SpaVie serves the Twin Cities as well as outlying communities including Sartell, Minnetonka, Wayzata, and St. Cloud.
- SpaVie is headed by board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Jennifer Harrington, who is also one of the top female plastic surgeons in the country.
- We are proud to offer a full menu of non-surgical options for rejuvenating the face and body, helping you love the person you see in the mirror each day.
Contact us online or call our Plymouth office at 612-213-1111 to request your consultation.
Injectable Fillers We Offer
- An injectable containing poly-L-lactic acid (PLLA), which stimulates your skin’s own collagen production.
- More than a wrinkle treatment, Sculptra helps to restore the underlying structure of the skin for a more youthful look.
- Results can last 2 years or more, far longer than hyaluronic-acid based injectables.
- Sculptra has been available worldwide for almost 25 years and has a proven track record for results and safety.
- RHA2: This hyaluronic acid filler is used to treat facial wrinkles and folds, especially between the nose and corners of the mouth (nasolabial folds).
- RHA3: A thicker formulation, this filler is designed for more severe wrinkles and building up facial volume.
- RHA4: Even thicker than RHA 3, this filler is often used for deep nasolabial folds and more substantial volume enhancement.
- Restylane: The original formulation of this hyaluronic acid filler is versatile and can be used to remove wrinkles or increase facial volume.
- Resylane Lyft: This is the first and only hyaluronic acid filler FDA-approved to add volume in your face and hands.
- Restylane Kysse: This lip filler adds volume, smooths upper lip lines for up to one year, and enhances lip color.
- Restylane Defyne: A hyaluronic acid filler focused on correcting deep laugh lines as well as enhancing chin projection.
- Restylane Contour: This filler is focused on enhancing facial volume specifically in the cheeks.
- Sculptra: An injectable that stimulates collagen production, it is typically administered in 3 sessions over a few months and can last up to two years.
- Juvéderm XC: The original formulation first approved by the FDA in 2006, this hyaluronic acid filler treats facial wrinkles and folds.
- Juvéderm Ultra XC: This hyaluronic acid filler is primarily used for the treatment of lip lines and thinning lips.
- Volbella XC: A formulation of Juvéderm especially focused on plumping the lips and correcting lines around the lips.
- Vollure XC: This filler is designed to treat moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, including “parentheses lines” around the nose and mouth.
- Voluma XC: This formulation is meant for deep injection specifically in the chin area to create a more pronounced chin.
Best Candidates for Injectable Fillers
Almost anyone who is in good overall health can be a candidate for dermal fillers. Many people seek out dermal fillers to fill in deep creases or facial wrinkles, particularly in the low face, such as the nasolabial folds, which run from the sides of the nose to corners of the mouth, or marionette lines, which run from the corners of the mouth to either side of the chin. Others may get dermal fillers to plump up their lips or smooth out lip wrinkles. Finally, fillers can also be used to add facial volume to remove hollowness or increase facial symmetry.
Depending on your aesthetic goals, Dr. Harrington might recommend other treatments to help you meet your needs. For instance, BOTOX® or Dysport® can smooth away dynamic wrinkles in the upper face, especially crow’s feet and frown lines. Profound® RF skin tightening can help take years off an aging face and decrease wrinkles. Finally, Sciton laser treatments provide a range of options for rejuvenating your complexion.
Real Patient Results
What to Expect
Before your injections, you will have a chance to learn about our different filler options and which product or products might be best for you. When it’s time for your appointment, your aesthetic professional will cleanse your skin and decide on the exact areas to inject. The injections themselves are generally quick and relatively painless, and no anesthetic is necessary. Dermal fillers are quick, walk-in, walk-out procedures, allowing you to return to your normal routine in as little as 20 minutes.
Recovery & Results
Once your treatment is finished, you may develop some minor pinkness, swelling or bruising around the injection site. The exact length and extent of side effects vary depending on the type of filler, which area you had injected and how your body responds, but most side effects fade within 1 to 2 weeks. Some people may experience few to no side effects. You should avoid pressing on or massaging the treated area, but you can otherwise return to your normal schedule as soon as you leave our office.
Your results should gradually develop over the following 5 to 10 days. If you had wrinkle fillers placed to smooth out deep creases, lines should appear less noticeable and minimized. In the case of lip fillers, your lips should appear fuller and smoother, but not artificial or exaggerated. In all cases, your results should appear natural and simply help you look and feel like your best self.
Dermal Filler FAQs
Don't see your question answered here? Get personalized recommendations when you use our Treatment Planner
*This information is for education only and is not meant as a guarantee of results. Your results may vary.
Telephone No.(612) 268-6997